Mr Huda’s Balti Curry Paste
Mr Huda’s Balti Curry Paste
170g. Gluten Free. Medium. Serves 16.
Mr Huda's 'Chefs Secrets' Complete Fresh Herb & Spice Mix. Cook an authentic restaurant style Balti dish. It’s Simple, with all the ingredients ready blended as a paste.
Blended fresh herbs and authentic spices, uncooked and naturally preserved, just the way I use them in my kitchen - Maf Huda Chef & Creator.
Storage: store in a cool dry place. Once opened, wipe rim of lid and jar, keep lid tightly closed and refrigerated. Use within 6-8 weeks of opening.
Important Info from Mr Hudas:
- The products are oil based and cold filled. We have quality control measures in place to make sure the jars are sealed but we cannot guarantee completely leak proof. It is not uncommon for a little oil to leak during transit (as we cannot guarantee it remains upright and handled carefully).
- If a little oil has leaked it will not compromise the product, you can simply top it up with a little Vegetable Oil to maintain the moisture in the product.
Ingredients: Rapeseed Oil, Mustard Oil, Water, Mango, Garlic, Ginger, Sugar, Gram Flour, Paprika, Coriander, Turmeric, Salt, Chilli, Maize Flour, Tomato Puree, Fenugreek, Spices, Tamarind, Lemon Juice, Creamed Coconut, Acid (Acetic, Citric, Lactic), Soya Lecithin.
RECIPE: Chicken Balti
500g boneless chicken (cut into small cubes),
2 medium onions (300g),
8-10g of ginger (fresh),
3 medium garlic cloves (fresh),
1-2 finger green chilli,
5 cherry tomatoes,
1/2 small green pepper,
11 tbsp veg/olive oil,
1/2 tsp turmeric,
7 tsp (55g) of Mr Huda’s Balti Curry Paste,
2 tbsp natural yoghurt,
1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional),
3 or 4 cardamoms,
2 bay leaves (if available),
Fresh coriander (if available).
Stage 1 (Puree)
- 1. Cut 1&1/2 onion into 1/4’s, cut 3 tomatoes into 1/2’s, chop the green pepper, ginger (peeled), 1 garlic clove, green chilli and a little coriander.
- 2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 4 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water (around 200/250 ml) covered with lid.
- 3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately 15/20 mins) stirring occasionally.
- 4. When cooked place in a blender to make into puree.
Stage 2 (Curry)
- 1. Heat 7 tbsp of oil (moderate heat) in a medium sized sauce pan.
- 2. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, cardamoms and the bay leaves and slowly fry until the garlic is golden.
- 3. Add rest of the onions (finely sliced) and the rest of the chopped tomatoes with salt and cook to soften (stirring regularly).
- 4. Add the Mr Huda’s Balti Curry Paste, chilli powder and cook for 1-2 mins (stirring continuously).
- 5. Add the yoghurt and cook for 1-2 mins (stirring continuously).
- 6. Add the ready blended puree and cook for further 1/4 mins (stirring occasionally, covered).
- 7. Add chicken with a little warm water (around 125/150ml) and on full heat bring to boil and cook for around 3-4 mins (covered, stirring occasionally).
- 8. Back to moderate / low heat, leave to simmer (covered) for 45 mins to 1 hour (stirring occasionally) or until the required moisture (add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened for thicker sauce).
- 9. Once cooking is nearly over add the chopped coriander and leave the curry to settle for 10-15 mins before serving