Woh Hup Singapore Mee Siam Paste (Spicy Vermicelli)
Singapore Mee Siam Paste
210g by Woh Hup.
Mee Siam is a delicious, spicy vermicelli dish.
A local favourite influenced by Malay or Peranakan (Straits-born Chinese) cuisine, this traditional dish is prepared by drenching rice vermicelli in a flavourful spicy sour gravy made from boiling dried chillies, shrimp paste, tamarind peels and water; paired with hard-boiled eggs, lime, prawns, beancurd puffs and other accompanying ingredients.
With Singapore Mee Siam Paste, you can indulge in the authentic taste of Mee Siam with little effort!
- No artificial preservatives.
Recipe for Mee Siam:
- 1 jar Woh Hup Mee Siam Paste
- 3 jars water (510ml)
- 300g rice vermicelli (blanched & drained)
- 200g medium-sized prawns (cooked, shelled & de-veined)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (halved)
- 100g bean sprouts (blanched & drained)
- 1 pc fried bean curd (cut into small pieces)
- Chinese Chives to garnish (cut into small pieces)
- Lime halved (optional)
- Cook rice vermicelli with boiled water, drain and set aside.
- Add Woh Hup Mee Siam Paste to water or stock and cook with stirring till done.
- To serve, pour Mee Siam soup over vermicelli and garnish with Chinese chives, bean sprouts, prawns, fried bean curds, eggs and lime.
Ingredients: Sugar, Water, Onion, Tamarind, Fermented Soybeans (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Wheat Flour), Soybean Oil, Dried Shrimp, Salt, Chilli, Lemongrass, Thickener (E1422), Fish Sauce, Garlic, Shrimp Paste (Shrimp, Salt, Water), Acidity Regulator (E270), Flavour Enhancer (E631, E627).